Friday, March 19, 2010

patch adams.

i've watched old dogs. frankly, it was good. but it was not that great. robbin williams can do better. much better. his other movies are much much better than this. so, i thought of one. that's when i came across patch adams. i'd watched this movie before. it was when i was 10 or so. tapi dah lupa. ngee. :D

i straight away dowloaded this movie. pastu tengok balik. and my oh my, i completely forgot about this great great movie. it is one of the most inspiring, motivational, moving, touching movie of all.
if you really thought of being a doctor, you should, i mean must watch this movie. if you'd watched it before, watch it again, and again.

it's based on a true story, and if you care enough to wiki it, you know more.


Our job is improving the quality of life not just delaying death

“What's wrong with death sir? What are we so mortally afraid of? Why can't we treat death with a certain amount of humanity and dignity and decency and, God forbid, maybe even humor. Death is not the enemy, gentlemen. If we're going to fight a disease, let's fight one of the most terrible diseases of all, indifference.”

“If you focus on the problem, you can’t see the solution.
Never focus on the problem.”

“Every human being has an impact on another.”

“You treat a disease, you win, you lose.
You treat a person, I'll guarantee you'll win.”

see what no one else sees, see what everyone else chooses not to see…out of fear, conformity or laziness. see the world anew each day. See what others chose not to see.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly without complexities abide. I love you because I know no other way then this. So close that your hand, on my chest, is my hand. So close that when you close your eyes, I fall asleep.

and my best part is:

i want to become a doctor so that i can serve others. and because of that i lost everything, but i gain everything. i shared the lives of patients and staff members of the hospital. i laugh for them, i cry for them. this is what i want to do with my life. and with god as my witness, no matter what the outcome of your decision, i will still become the best damn doctor in the world has ever seen. you have the ability to prevent me from graduating, you can keep me from getting the tittle and the white coat, but you can't control my spirit gentlemen. you can't keep me from learning, you can't keep me from studying.


this is what i want to do with my life.

and yes. this is robbin williams's best movie yet.





2 comments:

  1. see what no one else sees, see what everyone else chooses not to see…out of fear, conformity or laziness. see the world anew each day. See what others chose not to see.

    kinda goosebumps bile baca part nih

    ReplyDelete